Venue Stage Manager
Edinburgh Festival Fringe 2023
Job Title: Venue Stage Manager
Reports To: Technical Manager
Responsible For: n/a
Rate of Pay: £14.00/hr (plus holiday pay)
Dates of Work: 24th July – 1st September 2023
Available Contracts: Working across various venues, you will be working on a rota with another Venue Stage Manager in your venue. You will get a minimum of 2 days off but should be available to work for the entire period.
- Installing and subsequent removal of stage equipment in performance venues.
- Welcoming visiting companies, assisting with their technical rehearsals.
- Assisting in daily turnarounds between shows.
- Acting as show stage manager as required.
- Keeping full record of all information pertaining to shows, including turnaround notes, cue sheets and any other paperwork required.
- Ensuring that all backstage facilities and equipment are maintained to the highest standard.
- Ensuring health and safety standards are adhered to by visiting companies and report any issues to management.
- Experience of working as a stage manager in a professional environment, preferably in a festival setting.
- Good working knowledge of health and safety in a theatrical environment.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Eccellent communication skills.
- Comfortable working at height.
- Free entry to shows at Underbelly venues (subject to availability)
- 25% discount at Underbelly bars
- Staff social events
Underbelly is committed to reducing its environmental impacts in its everyday operations. We are also committed to maintaining the open-access policy of Underbelly. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome applications from all sectors of the community.
It is the policy of Underbelly to ensure that no job applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements that cannot be shown to be justifiable.
We expect employees to support these commitments and to assist in their realisation.