Front of House Supervisor
Edinburgh Festival Fringe 2023
Job Title: Front of House Supervisor
Department: Front of House
Reports To: Front of House Manager
Responsible For: Front of House Staff
Rate of Pay: £12.00/hr (plus holiday pay)
Dates of Work: 28th July – 30th August 2023
Available Contracts: Various minimum hour contracts available (20-48hrs per week)
- Assisting with the training of front of house staff, in line with Underbelly procedures.
- Ensuring all public spaces, venues and dressing rooms are always in a presentable state.
- Responding quickly and positively to questions, requests, problems or complaints.
- Providing cover for front of house staff breaks.
- Attending daily updates with Front of House Manager.
- Confident, enthusiastic, professional and self-motivated.
- Good, clear verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work calmly and efficiently under pressure.
- Ability to recognise potential health and safety issues before they arise.
- Previous experience in a customer service or administrative role, preferably in an arts or events role
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Excellent timekeeping skills.
- Positive and flexible approach.
- Ability to work effectively in a team whilst also being able to work independently.
- Free entry to shows at Underbelly venues (subject to availability)
- 25% discount at Underbelly bars
- Staff social events
Underbelly is committed to reducing its environmental impacts in its everyday operations. We are also committed to maintaining the open-access policy of Underbelly. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome applications from all sectors of the community.
It is the policy of Underbelly to ensure that no job applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements that cannot be shown to be justifiable.
We expect employees to support these commitments and to assist in their realisation.