Expressions of Interest: Freelance Marketing Manager
Job Title: Freelance Marketing Manager
Reports To: Head of Marketing and Communications
Responsible For: n/a
Rate of Pay: Dependant on the contract
Start Date: Dependant on contract
Available Contracts: Flexible – currently looking for rolling availabilty
Location: London office, or remote depending on the contract.
Underbelly is looking for skilled marketing freelancers to join our team over our busy Summer/Autumn period.
The contract would be to work in our marketing team, managing elements of our campaigns for Underbelly events and productions, with a current focus on Autumn and Winter events.
Working with the Head of Marketing and Communications, Marketing and Social Media Officer, you will create and roll out marketing and communications strategies across all channels – online, print, outdoor, signage, social etc.
The main duties of this role include:
- Delivering event and show-specific marketing campaigns and materials that support and enhance the Underbelly brand whilst delivering ticket sales to meet targets for our events and productions.
- Managing budgets.
- Managing agencies – media, creative, design, PR – to deliver timely and successful campaigns across all forms of media.
- Working with and supporting the Social Media Officer to implement our digital and social activity.
- Working alongside the Marketing Officer to produce print and digital assets, including festival brochures, flyers, posters and print.
- Creating print and digital assets in-house using Adobe Creative Suite where required.
- Managing the design, production and installation of on-site branding working closely with the Underbelly Production team.
- Working collaboratively with other departments across the business, particularly Programming, Operations, Festival Producers and Box Office.
- An experienced marketer with an excellent knowledge of on and offline channels.
- A background in a ticket sales-focused environment such as events, festivals, live music, touring comedy/theatre and venues will be advantageous.
- Experience in a fast-paced environment and often pressurised environment.
- Willingness to jump into a project quickly and pick up tasks where required.
- Organised with a structured approach to a busy workload.
- Sales-focused with good analytical skills and the ability to interpret marketing analytics and make recommendations for improvements.
- Good knowledge and experience of social media.
- Creative thinker and problem solver.
- Excellent communication skills.
- A careful eye for detail with strong writing, editing and proofreading skills.
- Experience and working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, InDesign, Photoshop, and film editing skills would be an advantage.
- Free entry to shows at Underbelly venues (subject to availability).
- 25% discount at Underbelly bars.
- Staff social events.
Underbelly is committed to reducing its environmental impacts in its everyday operations. We are also committed to maintaining the open-access policy of Underbelly. We are an equal-opportunity employer and welcome applications from all sectors of the community.
It is the policy of Underbelly to ensure that no job applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements that cannot be shown to be justifiable.
We expect employees to support these commitments and to assist in their realisation.
Applications are rolling and we will organise meetings as expressions of interest are received.
To express your interest in working with our marketing department, please email Lauren Carroll at email@example.com